Already a member? Sign in
Position Summary: The Development Associate works for both Washington Conservation Voters and Washington Environmental Council, coordinating fundraising and donor outreach events for each organization and providing administrative support to the development team. The Development Associate works closely with other members of a five person development team, especially the Annual Giving Manager and the Major Gifts manager to ensure the overall success of our fundraising efforts. This person also interacts with the Executive Director and Board of Directors of each organization. This is a full time position that reports to the Development Director and is based in Seattle, WA.
Who we are: Washington Conservation Voters (WCV) is the statewide political voice for the environment. We work to elect environmentally responsible candidates to state and local offices. Working with our allies in the community, we advocate for strong environmental policies and hold our elected officials accountable during the legislative session. Through our political work we are strengthening laws that safeguard the health of our communities, the beauty of our state and our economic future.
The Washington Environmental Council (WEC) drives positive change to solve our state's most pressing environmental challenges. For more than 40 years, we have been at the forefront of environmental protection in the state, securing laws and policies that safeguard the health of our families and our environment. From bedrock laws like the State Environmental Policy Act, to free electronic waste recycling, to finding solutions that reduce our climate emissions and build our clean energy economy, WEC ensures a healthy future for our state so it remains great place to live and work.
By effectively combining the policy know-how of WEC with the political know-how of WCV we have reshaped how environmental protection is achieved in Washington State. While both organizations are independent we work very closely together. Combined, we have a staff of 20 and work in a LEED certified building in downtown Seattle with a view of Elliott Bay. We offer competitive salaries, good benefits and the opportunity to make a difference.
Key Responsibilities: The Development Associate coordinates and implements nearly all aspects of WEC’s and WCV’s signature fundraising events which currently include: WCV’s Breakfast of Champions, the King County Conservation Voter’s Evening for the Environment, and WEC’s Green Gala. The Green Gala and Breakfast of Champion’s raise over $150,000 for each organization. This position also provides support for other fundraising and donor stewardship events that occur throughout the year.
Additionally, the Development Associate provides administrative support to the development team and is responsible for recruiting and managing interns for the development team.
The primary responsibilities for the position include:
• Lead nearly all aspects of the planning associated with the signature fundraising events.
• Provide support for other events across both organizations as needed. This could include both donor and non-donor events.
• Research and coordinate beneficiary events.
• Provide administrative support to the development team.
Qualifications: This is an excellent opportunity for a detailed oriented person with strong organizational skills and some background in event planning to gain experience and grow professionally in the fundraising and non-profit arena. We are seeking a hardworking, highly organized person who likes people, isn’t afraid to ask for a gift for a good cause and wants to help both organizations’ reach their ambitious fundraising goals to protect Washington. We’re looking for someone with these qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• Two years professional work experience.
• Demonstrated experience in planning successful fundraising events or managing other complicated projects that involve multiple stakeholders.
• Excellent planning skills, including managing a myriad of details in compressed timelines.
• Must enjoy working as part of a team, but is able to chart the course for their work and drive the plan forward independently.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong time management skills and with the capacity to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
• Works well under pressure.
• Experience with CRM or other donor software and is able to pull relevant information.
Competitive non-profit salary, depending on experience. Benefits include health, dental, vacation, transit pass, and retirement plan.
Please send a cover letter and resume by February 15 to [email protected]. Please include "Development Associate" in the subject line. No phone calls please. This currently is an open position and we are looking to fill it as soon as possible; consequently we will conduct interviews before the position closes on February 15th.