Already a member? Sign in
Energy Assessment Analyst
3TIER has an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic candidate with a blend of computer and science skills for a position as an Energy Assessment Analyst. This position is responsible for operating all aspects of 3TIER’s renewable energy assessment software to provide estimates of renewable energy potential to clients. If you are passionate about renewable energy and want to work in a team-oriented environment, we want to hear from you. Apply today!
3TIER is a renewable energy forecasting and assessment company that uses its knowledge about weather, climate and their impacts on wind, hydro and solar energy to help its clients make better decisions about their renewable energy investments. It uses sophisticated computer modeling systems, in-house expertise and reliable delivery mechanisms to forecast both the short-term intermittency and the long-term availability of renewable energy as well as provide project-scale, scientifically based assessment and forecast products and services to its clients. Founded in 1999 and incorporated in 2001, 3TIER is a privately-held disabled-veteran owned equal opportunity employer. Please see www.3tier.com for more information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Produce resource assessment reports (wind, hydro & solar) using 3TIER’s software
• Organize and quality control data received by 3TIER in support of assessment projects
• Ensure the technical accuracy of 3TIER’s resource assessment products, including assessment reports
• Ensure the timely delivery of assessment products
• Participate in the development of software based solutions for complex data manipulations and analysis
• Produce technical documentation describing 3TIER's assessment methodologies
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in physical sciences, engineering, or other applied science. M.S. or higher a plus.
• 3 years of experience in either one or both of the following disciplines:
o Performance engineering on operational wind farms including experience in typical enterprise scale wind farm SCADA data systems (SQL, PI, etc..) and efficiency analysis on wind turbines
o Performing traditional wind energy assessments for utility scale wind developments including quality control of met tower data and familiarity with industry-specific software
• Experience using scripting languages, such as Ruby or Python, in a UNIX/Linux environment preferred
• Knowledge of statistical methods including time series analysis
• Proficient in handling and analyzing large datasets
• Ability to work semi-independently in a team-oriented atmosphere where close and effective coordination with other professionals is essential for success
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills
Pay & Work Schedule:
This is a full time position in Seattle, WA with competitive compensation and benefits.
Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered, you MUST indicate the specific position to which you are applying in the subject line of your email. Resumes submitted that do not clearly specify a current opening will be considered unsolicited, and will not be reviewed.
3TIER is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to and promotes workforce diversity.