Already a member? Sign in
Seattle, Washington Office
Cascadia Consulting Group, Inc.
Cascadia Consulting Group develops and implements innovative solutions to today’s environmental challenges. Founded in 1993, we work with private- and public-sector clients to advance sustainability through recycling and materials management, climate change mitigation and adaptation, energy efficiency, and stormwater pollution prevention. The Cascadia team brings both expertise and creative thinking to research and analysis, strategic planning, program design and implementation, and outreach and evaluation. With offices in Seattle and San Jose, we serve clients across the country and abroad. Our mission is to pioneer a sustainable future, making a positive difference for our clients, our community, and the environment.
Cascadia hires individuals who value a collaborative, fast-paced work environment, who can think creatively and communicate effectively, and who will work hard to get the job done well. Consulting is about taking initiative, problem solving, and serving clients, so we seek staff with those skills. We offer a flexible working environment and provide excellent benefits. The firm is a multiple recipient of the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility.
This announcement is for a full-time, entry-level position based in the Seattle, Washington office to primarily work within the Recycling and Materials Management practice area.
Primary job responsibilities for this position include:
• Participate in field work (out-of-office) interviewing drivers and sorting waste, recycling, and organic materials at landfills, transfer stations, and other waste handling facilities.
• Assist with the writing, production, and overall execution of reports, proposals, memos, and various other written documents related to project work and communications.
• Conduct quantitative analyses, including development and use of spreadsheets and databases using programs such as MS Access and Excel, among others.
• Utilize MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to create and deliver professional and informative presentations and reports.
• Conduct interviews with waste industry customers and experts and internet-based literature reviews.
• Provide technical assistance to businesses and residents related to waste reduction, recycling, and diverting organic materials, such as food scraps and yard waste.
• Perform related support duties, including data entry and other administrative support functions, as required.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
An undergraduate degree with a focus on environmental studies (e.g., ecology, environmental science/policy, geology) and/or economics.
Proven clear and concise writing skills.
Excellent verbal communication skills and effective interpersonal skills.
Willingness to travel up to 25% of each year, up to four weeks at a time.
Ability to work outdoors, occasionally in inclement weather.
Ability to stand and walk on uneven surfaces for up to ten hours per day.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Strong critical thinking and research skills.
Advanced skill in using spreadsheets, databases, and Microsoft Office programs.
Ability to multitask, prioritize, and stay organized in a fast paced work environment.
Other highly desired qualifications include bilingual language abilities. Spanish language capacity is a plus.
This is a full time environmental consulting position. Expected annual salary range is in the $30Ks, depending on experience and qualifications. Benefits include health insurance, 401K, transportation assistance, and generous vacation. Some evening and weekend work is required. For the right candidate, this position has opportunities for growth, development, and progressively increasing responsibility.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate Project Assistant – Seattle – [Your Name] in the subject line. Applications accepted until 5pm (Pacific), Fri, March 15, 2013.