Already a member? Sign in
Cascadia Consulting Group, Inc.
Founded in 1993, Cascadia Consulting Group provides sustainability and environmental consulting services to governments, utilities, businesses, and non-profit organizations. Our mission is to make a real, positive difference - for our clients and the environment – by delivering quality, objectivity, and results. We are dedicated to pioneering a sustainable future by helping clients minimize waste, reduce their environmental footprint, and devise enduring solutions to better manage scarce natural resources.
With offices in Seattle and San Jose, our staff specializes in recycling and materials management, climate change mitigation and adaptation, energy efficiency, sustainability, and natural resource planning. We provide clients with a range of services from research and analysis, to facilitation and strategic planning, to education and outreach, to program design, management and evaluation.
Cascadia hires individuals who value a collaborative, fast-paced work environment, who can think creatively and communicate effectively, and who will work hard to get the job done well. Consulting is about taking initiative, problem solving, and serving clients, so we seek staff with those skills.
Cascadia is currently hiring a Full Time Project Assistant for the Seattle, Washington office.
For this entry-level consulting position we are seeking a dynamic, “people-person”, who is able to work across all of our practice areas, with a particular focus supporting programs about energy efficiency and stormwater management.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Assist with delivery of resource conservation programs, providing customer support, managing customer and contractor interactions using a customized IT platform
• Assist with data collection, program analysis, and reporting
• Answer programmatic questions, explain the benefits of resource conservation, and support technical experts
• Assist with developing and presenting at trainings and orientations, help schedule and coordinate meetings and other support activities
• Conduct social media posts building support for resource conservation programs
• Assist with research, writing and producing memos, proposals, and reports.
Other duties may include:
• Conduct out-of-office field work, conducting surveys and/or waste or recycling sorting. (some travel required)
• Assist with office and administrative support functions.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
• An undergraduate degree in the liberal arts, sciences, or business
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong interpersonal, verbal communication and outreach skills, including a high level of comfort making cold calls
• The demonstrated ability to take initiative and proactively solve problems
• Strong critical thinking and research skills
• Excellent attention to detail complemented by strong organizational skills
• The ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a flexible, fast-paced environment
• Experience using Microsoft Office programs
• Initiative, energy, creativity, and a sense of humor
Other highly desired qualifications include:
• Knowledge of waste education and recycling, natural yard care, climate change, energy efficiency, water conservation, green building, and/or hazardous waste management
• Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel
• Prior work experience
• Demonstrated customer service skills and experience
This is a full time environmental consulting position. Expected annual salary range is in the $30s, depending on experience and qualifications. Benefits include health insurance, 401K, transportation assistance, and generous vacation. Some evening and weekend work is required. For the right candidate, this position has opportunities for growth and progressively increasing project responsibility.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate Project Assistant – Seattle – [Your Name] in the subject line. Applications accepted until 5pm (Pacific), Friday, June 21, 2013.