Already a member? Sign in
Founded in 1970, Cascade Bicycle Club (Cascade) is a 14,000+ member nonprofit organization based in Seattle, Washington, dedicated to creating better communities through bicycling. Cascade is a local, regional and statewide leader in advocating for bicycle policy and infrastructure, producing world-class cycling events, educating youth and adult cyclists and promoting bicycle commuting. Cascade produces 13 major bicycle events and offers 1,300 free daily recreational rides annually. Cascade’s sphere of influence includes environmental sustainability, health and fitness, youth development and livable communities. Cascade is directed by an elected, volunteer board and operates with 28 paid staff and hundreds of volunteers.
Over the last three years Cascade has deployed new web, CRM and registration systems. The Tech Manager’s role is to oversee and manage these systems as well as to plan future technology deployments. The Tech Manager actively works to employ technology that: 1. Improves user experience and engagement with Cascade; 2. Improves Cascade work practices and processes to ensure optimal functioning of the organization; and 3. Helps achieve Cascade’s strategic goals. The Tech Manager is a key member of Cascade’s operations team and represents the organization with vendors, members, volunteers and the public as appropriate.
-Management of all technology: Hard/software (PC/Windows), ESP/ISP, servers/storage, hosting, security, including but not limited to: network switches, file and web servers, and exchange accounts.
-Project management: website/s, registration launches, etc.
-Vendors: Manage all tech vendor relationships and contracts.
-Budgets: Develop and manage to annual tech operating and capital budgets.
-Training: Coordinate tech training for staff and volunteers.
-Policy: Develop policies and procedures in support of all technology services and operations.
-Security: Manage review and certification of all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
-Maintain infrastructure and network integrity.
-Support desktop workstations, printers, telecommunication devices.
-Provide tech support to individual and group users, as necessary.
-Perform other duties as assigned.
-Seek out and evaluate technologies to advance organization mission and goals and stay up-to-date.
-Work with staff leadership team to develop strategies and plans to utilize technology to meet organizational goals.
-Actively participate in tech advisory group.
In the first six months, the Tech Manager will be expected to;
-Serve as project manager for the technical aspects of a major website overhaul.
-Complete an assessment of all technology.
-Establish a three year plan and corresponding budget for all technology.
Skills and Experience Required
• BA/BS degree or equivalent.
• Minimum of three years of relevant experience in technology management.
• Demonstrated proficiency managing a CRM; experience with Drupal and/or CiviCRM a plus.
• Proven project management experience.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently with direction. Must follow through on assignments and meet deadlines, be attentive to detail, and have the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability and interest in working with people who represent a wide range of comfort and familiarity with technology.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and can-do attitude; confident and poised with the public.
• Clear communication style, both oral and written.
• Must be willing to work as part of a team, strive for excellence, be proactive and solution-driven.
• Experience working for or with nonprofit organizations preferred.
• Commitment to Cascade’s mission.
• Part-time (25 hours/week), exempt position with some evening and weekend work required.
• Reports to and is supervised by the Deputy Director.
• Six-month probationary performance review by supervisor with annual performance reviews at hire date.
• Monetary compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience; benefits package.
Please send a resume and cover letter stating why you should be considered for the position to:
[email protected] Subject line: TECH MANAGER
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 19, 2012, 5 p.m.
No phone calls please.
Cascade Bicycle Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, persons of color, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Employment at CASCADE is of an at-will nature.