Already a member? Sign in
Temporary WSU Extension Forestry Program Assistant (July - Dec. 2013)
Temporary Employment Opportunity
Washington State University Extension- North Puget Sound Forest Stewardship Program Assistant
(40 hours weekly July 1, 2013 – December 31, 2013)
Title: Temporary WSU Extension Forestry Program Assistant
Effective Dates: 40 hours/week Begin: 07/01/2013 End: 12/31/2013
Pay: This is a temporary position. Pay rate will commensurate with experience
Organization and Location: WSU Snohomish County Extension, Everett, WA. Travel required and reimbursed.
Reports to: Regional forestry faculty for Snohomish, Skagit, Island, Whatcom, and King Counties
Duties and Essential Functions:
• Set-up, coordinate, and evaluate public forestry education programs in a five-county area in partnership with Extension faculty.
• Arranging program logistics, including booking speakers and facilities, preparing materials, and registering participants.
• Collect, analyze, and report on program evaluation data.
• Develop budgets for workshops and trainings.
• Develop and maintain partnerships, collaborations and networks that support the successful delivery of Coached Planning and other Forest Stewardship workshops and future programming in the region.
• Develop and implement youth programs in partnership with Extension faculty.
• Develop project reports, newsletter, public presentations, training modules, educational materials, marketing materials, grant applications, public workshops, news releases, web pages and other communication pieces as needed. Be accessible for questions from the public and news media.
• Maintain working knowledge of forest stewardship topics and general natural resource management.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, natural resource, environmental science, or related field, which could include education or communication, AND one (1) year of related program experience, OR Associates degree AND three (3) years of related program experience. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis which provide the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential job functions.
Proficiency in computer technology including Microsoft Office products, social media, and online educational delivery tools.
Demonstrated ability to organize events and to facilitate meetings and planning sessions with adult participants.
Experience working with youth.
Ability to interact appropriately with a variety of individuals including customers/clients.
Must pass Washington State Patrol background check.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Mary Ann Rozance, WSU Snohomish County Extension, 600 128th St. SE, Everett WA 98208, fax (425) 338-3994 or email@example.com. This position closes on May 24, 2013 at 5 p.m. Interviews will be scheduled first week of June. Direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or (425) 357-6023.
WSU is an EEO/AA Educator and Employer